- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Medium onion, finely diced
- 8 ounces roasted red pepper spread (1 pint jar)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Italian flat leaf parsley, minced
- Parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces orecchiette, or other squatty pasta shapes
Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to the directions on the package, taking care to cook only to al dente. Drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add red pepper spread and mix to combine. Pour in cream, mix thoroughly, and allow the mixture to simmer until slightly thickened. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
Add cooked pasta, and toss to combine.
Serve pasta in a warm bowl topped with chopped parsley and plenty of shaved Parmesan.