Makes about 2 cups
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 ½ cups shredded Swiss (or other Alpine style) cheese
- 3 ounces Porter or full-bodied brown ale like Abita TurboDog (about 5 tablespoons)
- 3 strips cooked bacon, crumbled, plus additional for garnish
Combine the cream cheese, butter, mustard, Swiss, and cream in a food processor. Process for 30 seconds or until well mixed. Add the beer and continue processing until very smooth. Pulse in the bacon just until incorporated.
Spread is best if made at least one day ahead. It can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator up to 5 days. Remove from refrigerator an hour before serving. Garnish with remaining crumbled bacon.